Before you can add your Plesk server to PowerPanel you have to prepair your Plesk server. Because we recommend you to have only one website per Plesk client (subscription). If you have more then one website it may can give you troubles. So to follow our requirements you have to make sure each Plesk client (subscription) has only one website attached.
Possible problems if multiple websites exist in one Plesk client:
- On cleanup & termination of the website, all websites will removed
- On disable account, all websites will disabled. Customer can enable the other websites again
- Single Sign-on is not reliable, and the customer could access wrong websites
- Website directly under the admin user will not loaded into PowerPanel. This is a security risk. So avoid any websites directly under the admin user.
- Only domains where physical hosting (phosting) has setup will loaded into PowerPanel. Forwarders or nothing has setup at all will not visible in PowerPanel. Activate always the hosting to make sure PowerPanel will load your data correctly.
To make sure this problems will not exist you need to make sure on your Plesk server all the clients have only one website.
1) First login to your Plesk server using the Admin account.
2) Now click in the menu "Subscriptions"
3) Find the websites (subscriptions) you need to move to an other plesk client. Select the checkbox and click on the button on the top "Change Subscriber"
4) No you get the list with availble Plesk client (owner). Select the new owner and click next.
5) It will give you a overview of the changes, click save and your done.
6) Repeat this steps for each website if it is not the only one in a account.
7) If all websites has moved to single clients now you can add your server to PowerPanel.
Note: If your server was already connected to PowerPanel and you have made a few changes on Plesk, use the "Synchronize server" button in server settings.
Note: If you re-installed Plesk, you will need to change the API-keys in Powerpanel and use the "Synchronize server" button again to see the changes. If you don't see the option to change the API-keys yet, please contact Support.
Pro tip: If you have a lot of websites sharing the same customer you can use the Plesk API to bulk create new customers and move exiting website. Or use the Plesk command line tools to take care of this actions for you.
- Creating Customer Accounts (using API)
- Transferring a Customer Account to a New Owner (using API)
- Manage Customer accounts (using CLI)
- Mange Subscriptions (using CLI)