PowerPanel has a builtin SEPA direct debit system. This make it easy for you to collect the payments of your customers invoices. The customer gives you permission to collect money from his bank account. So PowerPanel can collect this information and send this to you bank account. In this article we explain how to use this cool feature.
1. Login to PowerPanel
First you need to login to PowerPanel. If you don't have an account you can create an account (use the menu in the header and choose register). If you need help to login to PowerPanel, please read here how to logon.
2. Before you can start
Before you can use this system you need to check two things first:
If you have double check the above articles, please continu reading!
3. Go to invoices
Use the menu to go to the Invoice direct debit. Here you see the list of Batches. If you are here the first time, it could be empty.
4. Create your first Direct Debit batch
Click the sub menu option "Pending Invoices". here you see a list of invoice the can be added tot a batch. Select the invoices you want to collect to your new batch. Or click "Select all" button. Click the "Add to batch" button. Depending on the amount of invoices you have selected it could take some time.
Note: Only the invoices will visible in this overview if the customer has setup his SEPA bank account and give you permission to collect money from their account. If customers has not setup invoices will not displayed in here.
If added to batch has been succes, you see the green message:
5. Batch options
Now you go back to the option Invoices --> Invoice Direct debit.
There you see the list of Batches. On the status column you see the status. Choose and open batch and click on the open one.
If you open the batch details you have a few options.
- Close batch: This option you will close the batch. No changes can be made to this batch anymore. It will prepaired to send to your bank.
- Remove invoice from batch: If you see a invoice you want to remove from this batch us this button. The invoice will be send bak to the "Pending invoices" overview so you can add it later to an other batch if you like.
After you have closed the batch, you will have a few other buttons.
- Download: This will download the SEPA XML file to your computer. You need this file to upload at your bank account.
- Refresh: This will create a new XML file for you. Use this if you need to update date's or if customers has changed SEPA account numbers.
- Payment received: Select the invocies you want to process the payments for and click this payment. PowerPanel process the payment for the selected invoices.
- Payment refused: If you see payment has bounced for some reason you can use this button.
- Select all: It will select al invoice in the current view.
Note: If you use the Payment buttons, your customer will get some e-mail about payment has received of failed.
The payment batch will closed / completed automatically if all the invoices has either approved or denied status. You can always check the invoices inside the payment batch to see the status. This will left there for history purpose.
Note: If invoices has payment refused, it will send back to Pending Invoices. Also PowerPanel will take over and add the invoice to the reminder policy work flow. So you can try to collect the money at any time you like. But you can leave the invoice and PowerPanel will notify the customer about the payment.