PowerPanel supports to sell your own products and services. This means you are able to sell like T-shirts or USB-sticks. Also you can have your own subscription plans. Like website maintenance or other requiring projects you need to bill to your customer. In this article we explain how to manage this in your account.
Note: The admin can have disable this section for his resellers. So if this menu option is not available if you have Reseller permissions, please contact you admin / vendor for support.
1. Login to PowerPanel
First you need to login to PowerPanel. If you don't have an account you can create an account (use the menu in the header and choose register). If you need help to login to PowerPanel, please read here how to logon.
2. Create your first Product or Service
Go to the Plans & Pricing page
Click the add button to create a new item.
Now you see the below popup. You can choose the product group you want to like the new item added. Also give a name.
Choose one of the options:
- One time item: This is a product you will sell your customers. Most like likely it will be a book or T-shirt for example.
- Recurring item: This makes a new subscription for your customer. It will be invoices on recurring basis. Most likely it will support plans, maintenance plans for example.
Click save to create the new item.
3. Finalize your Product or Service
Now you see a lot of options and settings. Below the image you can find all the explanation per field. If you hover over the items you will notice the edit icon, this means you can click on to edit this field.
- Name: This is name of the product or service only visable and usable for you. Your customers will not see this name.
- Support color: This will give a extra color on the product display page.
- Product display name: This is name of the product or service. This is supporting multi language, so don't to forget to setup the other languages.
- Product description: This is description of the product or service. This field support HTML markup. This is supporting multi language, so don't to forget to setup the other languages.
- Link to information page: You can add a link to an external page. This page wil load in a popup, so you can provide more information. NOTE: Make sure the external site has CORS setup properly. Read more about CORS.
- Image: Upload an image you want to show your customers. If there is already a image click on it to delete.
- Active: Enable or Disable the product or services.
- One time item: For products use this option.
- Activate promotion: Enable the promotion, a little banner will show on the product presentation.
- Sales price: This is price your customers need to pay. Price is per month if on time item has switched of.
- Enable action price: If the price is action price, so no customer discount will calculated on this price. Also you can use to have an other price on request and the renew pricing.
- Action price: This is only available in Action price option has enabled.
- Sorting order: This gives the order on displaying the products or services. 1 is on top, 2 is below 1.
- Product group: Choose the product group you want to link to this product or services. Read more about groups here.
4. Start selling your new product or service
First you need to make sure the Products & Services module has switched on for your webshop. Go to system --> settings --> web shop branding.
Now you have switched on the products tab in the webshop will available.
NOTE: Because of caching your current session after switched on this module it will not visible right away. Try a other browser or privacy tab to check.
Your customers can now go to the Products page.