Subscriptions in PowerPanel can be transferred between customers. There are two possible scenarios for this:
- Customers can give their subscriptions to another customer (this is only possible if the customers are with the same vendor).
- Resellers or admins can choose to transfer the subscription immediately to another user, or they can initiate the transfer the same way the customer does.
1. Login to PowerPanel
First you need to login to PowerPanel. If you don't have an account you can create an account (use the menu in the header and choose register). If you need help to login to PowerPanel, please read here how to log in.
2a. Select a subscription (admin / reseller)
Now you can go to the menu and choose Account management > My Subscriptions. Here you can find the subscription you want to transfer to another customer.
You can click on the button "transfer subscription". You wil see the below dialog. There you can choose one of the options. You can transfer the subscription directly to one of your customers (or to one of the customers of your resellers), or you can choose to have the second option. The customer need to accept the transfer before it can be used.
2b. Select a subscription (customer / end user)
In the menu go to Administration > My Subscriptions. Here you can find the subscription you want to transfer to other customer. There you can click on the button "transfer subscription". You wil see the below dialog. Fill in the customer ID and the customer e-mail (one of the users active on the customer matching the customer id)
3 Approve the subscription transfer
If you have chosen the option to transfer the subscription to a customer and need approval before the transfer can proceed, the customer will receive a notification in the top bar of his control panel. After you click on this icon, it will gives you the dialog which shows the subscriptions pending for transfer.
You can click the remove button to reject the transfer. Click the green button to accept, this will make the subscription active in your account.
Good to know
- After you have started the transfer to another customer, the status of the subscription will change to "Pending change owner". This will give you an overview of the subscriptions that have this pending status.
- The moment you click approve in the pending transfers dialog it might take a while before all actions have been completed. In some cases there is a lot of information to process in the background.
A few limitations
You are always able to transfer subscriptions on the same customer level. But in some cases you can not transfer a subscription from one level to another level.
What is a level, you might ask.
Let's say you are the admin user, but you have resellers and your resellers have customers in your account. It will look like this:
Level 1 ------- Admin
Level 2 ---------------- Customer
Level 2 ---------------- Reseller
Level 3 ------------------------- Customer
You will be able to transfer all subscription between all your customers & resellers on Level 2. But transferring a subscription from Level 2 to Level 3 is not possible (in some cases).
To transfer subscriptions to another customer there are a few limitations built-in. We have done this for the subscription types Hosting and forwarders. The main reason is:
- Subscription is always bound to a Hosting server
- Subscription needs to be connected to hosting plan
- Subscription has prices, expiry dates and in some cases special settings
In all these cases we can not transfer the subscription from Level 2 to Level 3 (a customer of your reseller). You reseller has its own plans but also in many cases has its own hosting servers. All these variables make a smooth transfer almost impossible.
Exception: If the reseller want to move a hosting subscription to one of his customer this could be possible if the following conditions are met:
- The hosting server where the plan is active is manage by the reseller or his vendor (shared hosting)
- Hosting plans are copied from the vendor to the reseller.
Help me how to move subscriptions between levels!
Well it's not possible to directly transfer your subscriptions to a higher or low level. But we can help you and give you a few steps to achieve this:
- Go to the customer you want to change the subscription.
- Find the websites you want to transfer.
- Select the select boxes in front and click the button "Edit selection" and choose "Terminate subscription". (Make sure you are NOT selecting domains, only the websites)
- Now select the options in the below popup.
You will only remove the subscriptions from PowerPanel, and the website will keep running on your Hosting server.
- Now transfer the domains to the new customer. Domains can be transferred between levels.
- After the domains are transferred to the right customer, go to the Hosting --> Site conflicts.
- From there you can create a subscription again to the correct customer.
It seems like you need to take a lot of steps, but we want a good working system, and these steps are necessary to keep PowerPanel working like it' s supposed to.